Environmental Technician I
AECOM is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Technician II for employment in the St. Louis, MO office.
In this role, you will primarily work with Project Manager to support remedial operations maintenance, and monitoring projects at client facilities. The candidate will ideally have experience in general construction and environmental remediation/sampling. Hands-on mechanical experience and interests preferred (ex, construction, home repair, auto maintenance). Typical projects include groundwater treatment systems, soil remediation (in situ and ex situ), construction of support buildings/facilities, groundwater and soil sampling, and wastewater treatment.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine fieldwork (such as environmental multi-media sampling, operations, maintenance, and inspection of equipment) working under close supervision.
- Performs routine tasks in support of project staff.
- Various operations and maintenance activities associated with remediation systems involving extraction of hydrocarbons and impacted vapor and groundwater, performing recovery system maintenance as needed, groundwater monitoring, a compilation of field data.
- Other activities may include setting up and operating equipment, inspecting equipment and installations for compliance with specifications and maintaining proper project documentation.
- Position will require OSHA 40-hour hazardous site worker training
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent2 years of relevant experience as an Environmental Technician
- Must be able to travel to various field site locations, in most cases, utilizing an AECOM company vehicle.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security pre-employment background check
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in outdoor environments with uneven terrain, variable outdoor conditions including heat, noise and/or chemicals. Often working in an environment with heavy, moving dangerous equipment. Frequent lifting equipment or objects weighing 25 pounds or less. Occasional repetitive bending & stooping to take ground measurements and other record reading as assigned. Frequently moving to numerous locations on the site to perform monitoring and maintenance checks. Occasional power gripping/squeezing hand tools and levers to perform maintenance, inspection or reading such as removing nuts and bolts on filters or well covers. Occasionally working with arms above shoulder level, climbing stairs, and using portable ladders to perform maintenance, inspection, or readings. Position requires wearing associated personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to safety glasses/goggles, gloves, safety shoes/boots, hard hat, face shield, and hearing protection.
- Mechanical skills and hands-on skills
- Experience with various media sampling (soil, groundwater, and waste).Experience with health and safety programs, and effective communication skills (verbal, field notes, etc.).OSHA 40-hour Training
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position does not include relocation benefits.