Code Compliance Inspector
Code Compliance Inspector
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Community Development team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
Join our team as a Code Compliance Inspector and play a vital role in ensuring our community maintains high standards of safety, aesthetics, and property values. As a Code Compliance Inspector, you'll enforce city ordinances pertaining to property maintenance and appearance, contributing to the creation of a safe, attractive, and thriving environment for all residents.
- Enforce city ordinances related to property maintenance and appearance to uphold public safety, civic pride, and sustained property values.
- Conduct field inspections and investigations, including annual property inspections, to identify code violations.
- Provide timely notice to residents to address violations and allow sufficient time for compliance before further action is taken.
- Verify compliance through follow-up inspections and issue tickets or citations if necessary.
- Receive, respond to, and investigate complaints regarding potential code violations in a professional and expedient manner.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
This job posting will remain open until filled.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Associate or Technical degree is required.
- Related professional experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- ICC Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Certification is required within twelve months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in using basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Ability to assess structural damage following a fire to determine if it is significant enough to pose a life safety threat.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and systems to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work and concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently under direct supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers and customers by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. The job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click APPLY NOW. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.