Join Our Law Enforcement Team!
Starting Pay Rate: $22.65/hr
The City of Wentzville:
The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension plan, 13 holidays, two personal days, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and much more! Come join a work environment with a strong sense of passion, potential for growth and resources for success.
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Police Department. The Corrections Technician processes and arranges care of inmates housed in the Wentzville, Missouri, Police Jail. Incumbents in this role ensure interactions with inmates are respectful and professional while maintaining a positive and productive environment, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the City, Department and Division. Corrections Technicians book inmates and oversee inmate processing, including taking pictures, fingerprinting and arranging vehicle releases. They also arrange inmate care, including scheduling showers and meals, administering medications and purchasing supplies.
- Associate or Technical degree required.
- A high school diploma and related professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience is preferred.
- MULES Certification preferred, or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general medical conditions and first aid response.
- Proficiency in using basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and
basic office equipment.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers. Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.