Join The City of Wentzville Team as an Engineering Manager!
Are you ready to take the lead in shaping the future of our Engineering Department? We're seeking a dynamic and motivated Engineering Manager to spearhead the management of critical functions such as private development or capital improvements. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact by driving both individual and organizational success.
Strategic Oversight: Take charge of at least one primary function within the Engineering Department, providing strategic direction that aligns with our organizational goals.
Team Leadership: Lead, inspire, and mentor a talented team of engineers. Actively engage in supervising, coaching, and guiding employees to exceed performance and quality standards.
Project Management: Oversee and manage private development or capital improvement projects, ensuring they are executed with precision and in line with industry best practices.
Innovation and Excellence: Foster a culture of innovation and excellence within the team, encouraging creative problem-solving and continuous improvement.
Personnel Management: Play a pivotal role in shaping the team by initiating and recommending employment actions, including hiring, termination, discipline, and promotions.
What We're Looking For:
- Proven experience in engineering management with a track record of successful project execution.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to drive results in a dynamic environment.
- A passion for fostering a collaborative and innovative work culture.
Why Join Us:
- Be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organization.
- Opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Competitive salary benefits and retirement package.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Ready to take your career to the next level? Apply now and be a driving force behind our engineering success story!
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field required.
- Additional experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering, Public Works, Construction, or a similar work environment required.
- Additional job-related advanced degrees or certifications may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Missouri Professional Engineer License, or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Thorough understanding of public infrastructure for both construction and maintenance of streets, storm sewers, sanitary sewer, and water distribution.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, hydrology, water quality, wastewater treatment, and water resources.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations), AutoCAD Civil 3D, and ArcGIS software and basic knowledge of office equipment and machines.
- Ability to lead, monitor, and supervise employees to achieve goals that contribute to individual and organizational success.
- Ability to make quality decisions that impact the team and direction of project work.
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive reporting.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage and monitor division operations and services and implement procedural changes as needed to improve workflow and productivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, subordinates, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and others, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Proficiency in the use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers or click APPLY NOW. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.