Wastewater Operator II - Collections
Wastewater Operator II - Collections
The City of Wentzville is seeking candidates interested in joining our Public Works team. Wentzville is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. Come grow with us!
The Wastewater Collections Operator II's typical duties include managing the daily operations of the city’s wastewater collections systems, preventative maintenance and repairs on all wastewater collection systems and equipment, completing routine inspections for lift stations, force mains, gravity sewers, manholes, and equipment associated with keeping the flow of wastewater moving to the Wastewater Treatment Plant. This position will also operate vehicles and heavy equipment, including front-end loader, skid loader, load-all, crane truck, jet truck, forklift, floater trucks, and dump trucks. This position also required to participate in an on-call rotation and be available to assist in after-hours emergencies, both requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less, as well as responding to winter storm operations on a 24-hour call basis as required, plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear streets.
The City of Wentzville is committed to being an employer of choice, offering prosperous and meaningful career opportunities and flexibility. The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, an employee assistance program, a discounted recreation center membership and much more.
Job Qualifications Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in wastewater collection or other relevant experience is required.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion, or completion of apprenticeship preferred.
- Certifications preferred or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment:
- Class A CDL with airbrake and tanker endorsements
- Wastewater DNR Operator Class D
- Chemical Spill Response Certification
- Wastewater Collections C License (MWEA)
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of the functions of the wastewater collection systems, related state and federal regulations, lift station equipment, and sewer line maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to use good judgment and think rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work, as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize routine and robust tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to work under established processes and solve problems within defined parameters.
- Basic knowledge in the use of general computer programs and applications, including email and mobile apps.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles used to transport materials, tools, and equipment
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty. The job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and be available to assist in after-hours emergencies, both requiring a response time of 30 minutes or less.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.