Water Operator II
Water Operator II
Full-time, hourly rate: $26.98
The City of Wentzville:
The City offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, longterm disability, a retirement pension, 13 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and more!
The City of Wentzville's Water division is looking for someone who is ready to jump into a team dynamic and build a better community one water main at a time. The Water Operator II will display independent judgment, troubleshooting and decision-making while exercising discretion within established guidelines to ensure efficient daily operations. This position will be a team leader in the field. Incumbents in this position will also Provide respectful, professional, positive service in all interactions between co-workers, internal and external customers, community members and the public at large; maintain a positive and productive environment ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the City, Department and Division. As well as lead and participate in the installation and repairs of water mains, fire hydrants, valves and water service lines; performs ground excavation and repairs; asphalt and concrete repairs and all other daily duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of water distribution services, main, meters, valves, hydrants and other relevant experience required.
- Job-relevant certification/license, vocational/technical program completion or completion of apprenticeship preferred.
- Class A CDL with airbrakes and tanker endorsement preferred, or the ability to obtain within 180 days of employment required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HDPE pipes and fittings.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and customers by telephone, in writing, and in person.
Apply online at www.wentzvillemo.gov/careers. The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.