Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
Auditor Hiring Event
On the Spot Interviews and Job Offers*
Immediate openings in St. Louis area
Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 9am-4pm
Hilton St Louis Frontenac Hotel
1335 South Lindbergh Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63131
Candidates must pre-register by visiting:
*for qualified candidates who interview successfully
Job Title: Auditor
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Category: Accounting, Business
Employment Status: Federal Government, Permanent/Full-Time
What is the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)?
DCAA is a vital Department of Defense (DoD) Agency. Auditing defense contracts is unlike anything you will do or see in the financial world. Before an aircraft carrier sails out to sea for the first time, we've been on board. Before a medevac helicopter takes to the skies, we've seen it being made. We audit government contracts for supplies and services that help our military service members and their missions succeed—ensuring taxpayers and DoD get the best value for every dollar spent.
If you seek inclusive, impactful and challenging assignments with focus on specialized training and career development while working for an agency ranked in the top 25% of the Best Places to Work in Federal Government – we welcome you to join the accounting-focused professionals who have made DCAA their employer of choice. DCAA provides a unique service to our country and makes a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere.
Enjoy all the benefits of working for DoD, DCAA, and the Federal Government:
- Competitive salaries and career advancement opportunities
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible work hours and liberal teleworking opportunities
- Generous paid time off, benefits, and retirement packages
- Unparalleled training from the Defense Contract Audit Institute as well as mentoring and leadership development programs
- Reimbursement for job-related education and certifications
- Wellness, retirement and employee assistance programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the federal government and the Contractor.
- Reviews standard audit programs and steps, previous work papers, reports, guidance material, draft audit reports with findings and conclusions on the audit performed in accordance with agency procedures.
- Maintains audit working papers including preparation of schedules, summaries, and reconciliations as instructed or appropriate.
- Performs assigned audit steps such as tests and examinations of contractor's direct labor and material costs.
- Checks reports, records, ledgers, and other documents against invoices, receipts, payroll slips, and other source documents.
- Verifies appropriateness of charges for materials and labor and determines that transactions have been properly recorded.
- Participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals.
- Maintains professional manner and working relationships with team members, associates, contractors and other government personnel.
- Prepares working papers and analyzes contractor data using automation tools.
Qualifications – Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field that includes 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 hours in business law). Minimum GPA: 2.95
- Entry-level, no experience required – all qualified individuals are welcome to apply
- Recent graduates
- Previous/current federal employees
- Experienced auditing/accounting professionals
- Must be U.S. Citizen