East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has an opening for an HR Manager in the Administration Department. The HR Manager will report directly to the Director of Administration. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delegating duties to assigned staff.
- Performing routine tasks needed to administer and execute HR programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes; and training and development.
- Assisting with the development and update of HR policies and procedures.
- Assisting with employee recruiting process.
- Conducting the employee onboarding and exit processes.
- Attending/participating in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Handling employment-related questions from job applicants, employees, managers, and Directors and referring matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assisting with employee training and development.
- Organizing the employee performance evaluation process.
- Maintaining personnel records.
- Staying current on HR trends and developments, technology, and changes to employment related rules, regulations, and statutes and recommending necessary personnel policy changes.
- Exercising substantial initiative and judgment in applying professional principles and technical problems.
The successful candidate will:
- Have supervisory experience as an HR manager.
- Have a demonstrated ability to complete complex administrative projects and assist in policy formation.
- Have extensive knowledge of employment related rules, regulations, and statutes.
- Have a thorough understanding of general HR policies and procedures.
- Be detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Be proficient in using computer equipment and programs like Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel), email, and calendar programs.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration with an emphasis in human resource management, or directly related field from an accredited, four-year college or university and a minimum of 5 years of directly related professional human resource management experience.
- Professional HR certification is a plus.
- All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
EWG offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including: insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave). A summary of benefits can be accessed on EWG’s website at www.ewgateway.org/careers.